Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New printing forums

Well I've gone and done it. I went and built my own bulletin board finally. I really hadn't planned on doing it any time soon. But since my sites were deleted from their then host, by accident, I figured now or never. So I invite you all to come by and join. I'm happy to make vendor specific forums, topic specific or group specific (including private) forums.

I'm not looking to steal users from Printplanet, Prepressforums.com or the plethora of vendor run lists/boards. Just an another place to discuss things. Being a family and business friendly site, my two sons have their own private boards here, I ask that the content be kept professional and PG rated. I don't need anyone getting in trouble with corporate content filters or with moms and dads.

But do make sure that you visit printplanet and prepressforums.com and sign up. They're great places to get information.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie Stillion said...

Congratulations!

I heard you were the cats meow when it comes to Pitstop. I returned from my vacation and suddenly I cannot use the feature--convert to grey leave black text--in the action list. The program just chugs to a halt. I can convert ONE page but if I am work in a multipage document and need to select current page and convert that one then I am out of luck.

I am in the process of adding more ram, from 1.5 gig to 2 and increasing processing power but another pitstop jockey I know didn' t think that that is the problem. I work on MAC OS 10

Any thoughts?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Beals said...

If you've got 1.5GB of RAM adding another 512MB won't do you any good with this problem. I'd look at permissions and temp files.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Ann-Marie Stillion said...

ok. I have been repairing permissions all along. What do I do with the temp files. Are they deletable?

Friday, January 19, 2007 5:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you here! well matt i have also a informative site about any type of printing. It's good for printing or information. Take a tour printingblue.com

Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home